Personal Care Aide
Providing Personal Care and Companionship Care
The Grayslake Comfort Keepers Franchise is rapidly expanding and we need additional Comfort Keepers (CNA's, Personal Care Aides) to fill a variety of part time positions in the following areas: Waukegan, Crystal Lake, Zion, Grayslake, McHenry and Spring Grove.
This position is an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life daily. We offer flexible scheduling and flexible start dates at a location near you.
The Comfort Keeper Personal Care Aide will interact with and show concern for our senior clients while providing them with personal care assistance.
Comfort Keepers works to offer opportunities near your area and within your availability. We have training opportunities for new and experienced candidates. We offer 24-hour support and tools to help you be successful in providing quality care.
The Personal Care Aide will provide bathing assistance, showering assistance, incontinence care, toileting, companionship, meal preparation, light housekeeping, laundry care, shopping, errands, transportation to and from appointments, organizing mail, grooming and dressing guidance, recreational activities, periodic reviews with the family, etc.
These positions do not require certification but experience is a plus. Prior experience working in home care is preferred.
You must have a reliable vehicle, current auto insurance and a good driving record.
You must have a kind and caring demeanor. You must be dependable, reliable and responsible.
You must be able to pass a drug screen and background checks.
- We will provide training if you are the right candidate for the job.
- Ensure that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards. Assist client with all personal care functions as needed. Assist client with daily activities like cooking, dressing, cleaning.
- Ensure documentation is complete and accurate at the end of each shift.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers.
- Help a client reach their nutritional needs by planning and preparing meals, grocery shopping, and cleaning dishes with them.
- Assist client with their toileting needs as necessary which may include emptying and cleaning bedpans and urinals.
A Comfort Keepers Personal Care Aide must:
- Have excellent personal references.
- Have a reliable vehicle for transportation.
- Be genuinely concerned about helping people.
- Have high moral standards of honesty and integrity.
- Give permission to submit to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Be bondable.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: criminal background investigation, motor vehicle driving record, fingerprinting and personal references.